Dearborn Recreation Department
Fall Softball Registration Information
1. TEAM REGISTRATION will take place beginning on Thursday, July 17th.
No team registrations will be accepted after Thursday, August 28, 2014.
Teams can register online or in person at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center (FCPAC). In order to be completely registered, teams must have completed the following:
(1) Entry Fee Paid
(2) Rosters must be completed online. Once you have completed entering the names, addresses, phone numbers and the applicable email address, please click on the submit button.
(3) Attend the manager’s meeting if you have never played in the Dearborn Recreation Adult Softball Leagues.
IF THE SOFTBALL COORDINATORS DO NOT HAVE FULL PAYMENT BY Thursday, August 28, 2014 YOUR TEAM WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED FOR PLAY. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
2. IMPORTANT TENTATIVE DATES for this FALL season are listed below:
Thursday, July 17 Registration begins for FALL season
Wednesday, August 20 Managers’ Meeting at 7:00 p.m. at the Dearborn Ice Skating Center
Thursday, August 28 Registration Ends for fall leagues.
Thursday, September 4 Schedules will be posted online at www.dearbornfordcenter.com. Click on the sports/gymnasium link and scroll down the page to where it reads sports & league.
Sunday, September 7 Play begins for Fall leagues.
3. LEAGUES AND FEES
League Days of Play 7 WEEK FALL SEASON
Women’s Monday $385.00 (7 GAMES)
Men’s Monday $385.00 (7 GAMES)
Men’s Tuesday $385.00 (7 GAMES)
Men’s Wednesday $385.00 (7 GAMES)
Men’s Tuesday DH $525.00 (14 GAMES)
Men’s Wednesday DH $525.00 (14 GAMES)
Men’s Thursday DH $525.00 (14 GAMES)
Coed Tuesday $385.00 (7 GAMES)
Coed Thursday $385.00 (7 GAMES)
Coed Sunday $385.00 (7 GAMES)
Coed Sunday DH $525.00 (14 GAMES)
(1) Umpire fees will be $13 per team per game. Softballs will be provided as part of the entry fee, available at each game.
(2) Players may play for more than one team; however they may not register with two teams that play on the same evening.
(3) Game times are 5:10p (Sundays only when necessary), 6:15p, 7:20p, 8:25p, 9:30p
If you are participating in a DH league, you are guaranteed 12 games.
If you are participating in a single game league, you are guaranteed 6.
Playoffs will follow the end of the regular season.
4. SOFTBALLS will be provided by the umpires.
5. FORFEITS will be considered losses. A forfeit that is brought to our attention no later than 4:00 p.m. on game day will be considered an excused forfeit. Forfeits brought to our attention after 4:00 p.m. will be considered unexcused and the team committing the forfeit will be charged $15.00. Payment of the forfeit fee must be made prior to the next scheduled game.
6. RULES will be mandated by USSSA and local regulations. Copies of the rules will be distributed at the managers’ meeting.
7. PLAYERS will be limited to 20 per roster. All rosters must be completed online through the softball roster link by the team manager. Please call the sports office at 313.943.2355 if you have any questions
Best Wishes for an enjoyable softball season!
If you have any questions, give us a call at the Sports Office at 313-943-2355. We will return your call as soon as possible.
FORD COMMUNITY AND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER | 15801 MICHIGAN AVE., DEARBORN, MI 48126 | P: 313.943.2350.
THE CENTER IS OPEN MONDAY-FRIDAY FROM 5:30 A.M. - 9:30 P.M., SATURDAY FROM 8 A.M. - 8 P.M. & SUNDAY FROM 9 A.M. TO 6 P.M.
THE BUSINESS HOURS FOR THE RECREATION AND PARKS DEPARTMENT SERVICE DESK ARE MONDAY - FRIDAY FROM 8 A.M. to 6 P.M.