Dearborn Recreation DepartmentSoftball Registration Information
1. TEAM REGISTRATION will take place beginning on Monday, February 10, 2014 through Friday, April 18, 2014. If registering in person, you must do so at the Dearborn Ice Skating Center. If you have played in our leagues in the past, you may be able to register over the phone by calling 313-943-4098. In order to be completely registered, teams must have completed the following:(1) Entry Fee Paid(2) Online rosters must be filled out completely with at least 10 valid participants(Available April 10th)(3) Attend the managers’ meeting.(4) Each manager must inform the Sports Supervisor in writing when you have two or more teams participating in a league on different nights.
IF THE ADULT SOFTBALL COORDINATOR DOES NOT HAVE FULL PAYMENT BY APRIL 18, 2014, YOUR TEAM WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED FOR PLAY. SCHEDULES WILL NOT BE RE-DONE ONCE COMPLETED.
2. IMPORTANT TENTATIVE DATES for this season are listed below
Monday, February 10 Registration Begins for spring and spring/summer leagues.Thursday, April 10 Managers’ Meeting at 7:00 p.m. at the Dearborn Ice Skating Center for all spring/summer teams. Due to changes in our scheduling software, the meeting is mandatory for each team manager.Friday, April 18 Registration ends for spring/summer leagues.Friday, April 25 Schedules available online Sunday, April 27 Play begins for spring/summer Leagues.May 24 – May 26 Memorial Day Break – No Games ScheduledTuesday, May 27 Registration Begins for the Summer Leagues ONLY.Monday, June 23 Summer League ONLY Mandatory Managers’ Meeting at 7:00 p.m. at the Dearborn Ice Skating Center. Tuesday, July 1 Team registration ends for summer Leagues ONLY.Thursday, July 3 Schedules will be emailed out to managers, and posted on the www.deaerbornfordcenter.com website. Click on the sports link. Tuesday, July 8 Play begins for the Summer League 3. LEAGUES AND FEES League Days of Play 14 Week Spring/Summer Season Women’s Monday $560.00 Men’s Monday $560.00 Men’s Tuesday $560.00 Men’s Wednesday $560.00 Men’s 50+ Monday $560.00 Coed Sunday $560.00 Coed Thursday $560.00 Coed Sunday DH $840.00 Men’s Sunday DH $840.00 Men’s 40+ Monday / Wed. $840.00 Men’s Tuesday DH $840.00 Men’s Wednesday DH $840.00 Men’s Thursday DH $840.00 League Days of Play 7 Week Summer SeasonMen’s Monday $385.00
Men’s Monday DH $525.00
Coed Sunday (5:10pm only game time) $385.00Coed Tuesday $385.00
(1) Umpire fees will be $13 per team per game. Softballs will be provided as part of the entry fee, available at each game.(2) Players may play for more than one team; however they may not register with two teams that play on the same evening.(3) Game times are 5:10p (Sundays only when necessary), 6:15p, 7:20p, 8:25p, 9:30p
If you are participating in a men’s spring/summer double header or 40 and over league, Dearborn Recreation will guarantee twenty-four scheduled games. If you are participating in a men’s, women’s or coed single game league, Dearborn Recreation will guarantee twelve scheduled games. If you are participating in a summer only men’s, women’s or coed single game league, Dearborn Recreation will guarantee six scheduled games. Playoffs will follow the end of the regular season.
4. SCHEDULES for the regular season will be posted online Friday April 25. Every attempt will be made to balance league schedules, but special requests will no longer be honored.
5. FORFEITS will be considered losses. A forfeit that is brought to our attention no later than 4:00 p.m. on game day will be considered an excused forfeit. Any forfeit brought to our attention after 4:00 p.m. will be considered unexcused and the team committing the forfeit will be charged $15.00. Payment of the forfeit fee must be made prior to the next scheduled game. 6. RULES will be mandated by USSSA and local regulations. Copies of the rules will be distributed at the managers’ meeting.
7. PLAYERS will be limited to 20 per roster. All rosters must be completed online through the softball roster link by the team manager. Please call the sports office at 313.943.2355 if you have any questions.
8. PRACTICE PERMITS will be available as soon as field conditions allow. Teams must be completely registered to reserve practice time. The limit is two hours per team per week. You can email the Sports Office at
Best Wishes for an enjoyable softball season. If you have any questions, give us a call at the Sports Office at 313-943-2355. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Jamie Timiney Sports Supervisor
Michael Shooshanian Adult Softball Coordinator
FORD COMMUNITY AND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER | 15801 MICHIGAN AVE., DEARBORN, MI 48126 | P: 313.943.2350.
THE CENTER IS OPEN MONDAY-FRIDAY FROM 5:30 A.M. - 10 P.M., SATURDAY FROM 8 A.M. - 8 P.M. & SUNDAY FROM 9 A.M. TO 6 P.M.
THE BUSINESS HOURS FOR THE RECREATION AND PARKS DEPARTMENT SERVICE DESK ARE MONDAY - FRIDAY FROM 8 A.M. to 6 P.M.